Services & Facilities
We offer a range of services and facilities and co-ordinate frequent activities and trips for our residents.
All residents have the benefit of the following services and facilities:
- 24 hour Qualified Nursing staff
- Trained care staff NVQ / QCF
- Single bedrooms all with ensuite shower/WC
- Nurse call system in all rooms
- Rehabilitation kitchen and laundry
- Extensive gardens
- In - house transport.
All residents have person centred care pathways, with individual care plans / risk assessments and rehabilitation programmes. Ongoing assessments including the Recovery Star tool ensure that progress is evaluated, and future aims and objectives are met.
This is a step-down / transitional unit for residents who have been admitted to the main house and are getting ready to move into the community. It provides a more focused rehabilitation programme for those preparing to move into the community. Note that we can consider direct referrals.
Residents in The Cottages benefit from a safe environment and have access to 1:1 staff support. They are given encouragement, to learn and improve all areas of daily living. This enables them to achieve more independence, decision making, social skills and budgeting.
All residents are offered the following:
- Their own personalised rehabilitation programme that identifies their ‘Care Pathway’ with goals, care plans and risk assessments.
- Progress that is evaluated utilising the ‘Recovery Star’ assessment tool, which identifies their strengths and deficits.
- Decision making is encouraged, and residents are also responsible for shared activities including menu planning / meal preparation and household chores.
- To encourage independence residents are supported to visit their GP at the surgery & self-medicate.
- There are opportunities for residents to go to college and participate in voluntary work.
- Residents also participate in leisure activities such as cinema, theatre / concerts, places of interest and shops. Utilising public transport as much as possible.
- All bedrooms are en-suite and can be personalised.
Our activities coordinators ensure that residents have access to a wide variety of activities both in-house and off-site. These include arts and crafts, pool, ‘pamper sessions’ & gardening, with trips to the cinema, bowling, leisure centre, theatre / concerts, places of interest and shops. We also organise group holidays.
To prepare the residents for future independence we have links with colleges, ‘Brighter Futures Clubhouse network’, voluntary resources in the community including ‘Kniveden’ gardening project.
Our staff support residents to access health professionals, including Consultant, GP, Dental and Optician services.